Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Like-minded

I am reading Philippians and in verse 2 it says to imitate the humility of Christ.

Philippians 2:8 says, "...he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death---even death on a cross! 

I would like to think I could die for Christ. I mean, if someone where holding a gun up to my head and said they would kill me if I were a Christian, then asked me if I was, how would I answer. Used to, I thought I would just say no (I mean, there is common sense, right?) God would understand. The more I've studied and grown I have come to realize, boy was I wrong; We are never supposed to deny Him. Never!! Even if death is the cost. I would hope I have the courage to "become confident in the Lord...and proclaim the gospel without fear." Until faced with it, I couldn't say for sure. 

Philippians 2:12-13 "Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed---not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence---continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

I do know that I need [daily] to pray and ask God to help me put on the mind of Christ, so that when I'm faced with hard and fast decisions I can act accordingly. It's not natural, we are natural born sinners, after all. God has a plan for me while on this earth...and the bible says, "to die is gain!" 

What would you do? 


2 comments:

LauraHix said...

oh wow! what a passionate thought Trisha... I've had that same thought so many times, and I pray that I would not hesitate. Those verses were in the Bible Study yesterday. And no matter how many times I hear them, the lesson we covered yesterday just breaks my heart.
Starting in Luke 22:70, when asked are you the son of God? He undeniably, without question, says, "I AM HE!"
Oh how I long for that faith and servant's heart that Jesus had!

Jennifer Kindle said...

I always remember His Word tells us that if we don't confess Him before men then He WILL NOT confess us before His Father in Heaven.