Monday, December 10, 2012

A Christlike Unity

Do you feel lost, bitter, or have a hardened heart? How have you been wronged? Who has wronged you?  Are you in a rut and don't know how to get out?  

James 1:2-3 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

What is God trying to teach you through your trials today? Is he trying to refine you and draw you back/closer to Him! Don't let your sin break your fellowship with God.  "Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:1-2

After a much needed one on one with God today he reminded me that HE is the only way, the light unto my path!! It's not my pastors job, my Sunday School teacher, my husband, my friends...they are all a big part in my growth, but they are not my light. We are all human, and we will fail each other. But we are called to be like Jesus...to love each other-- to forgive each other. Even if you don't feel they deserve it. Jesus still loves you...do you deserve it?

I was reminded today of how much Jesus loves us; he came to earth, knowing he would be hated, despised and rejected by men, spat upon, beaten, betrayed by those closest to him.  Yet, he still loved them and died for them. He gave his life [willingly] in one of the most brutal ways imaginable.  Because he loves you and me! WOW!! Can we just stop right here and reflect on that for a moment.....

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. Isaiah 53:7

I have enjoyed my study time in Isaiah: "The Cup of the Lord's Wrath," "Invitation to the Thirsty," "Sin, Confession and Redemption," (just to name a few) have all been satisfying to the soul! I encourage you to look them up and read it as well. 

 I pray that you were encouraged here today. That the Lord has filled your heart, and that you can go out and spread His love. Whose heart do you need to invest in?  Take the time to love someone who's unlovable by worldly standards. Don't be the judge, be a little piece of heaven....even if they shun you. You never know what seed you've planted. Even at his death, Jesus didn't give up on people. At least God isn't calling you to die for them, right?

3 comments:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

You are my encouragement for today. Thank you. I always enjoy your writings and do my best to carry out your challenge each time.

Mitzi said...

I love it. These words have, too, been what The Lord has revealed to me lately! God Bless you today, Trisha!

Jennifer Kindle said...

catching up on some blogs today....good stuff, friend!