Monday, September 21, 2009

Back in the swing of things!

I was reminded last weekend that my last update was in May. I had a wonderful summer just playing with the boys. I didn't get on the computer that much, because- in Aunt Irene's words "It's a time hog." I'll try to do better now that I will have a couple of days alone. Although, I've been very busy so far on those Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Johnny was not looking forward to going back to school, but he is really enjoying 1st grade. Wow! I can't believe I have a first grader. Pictures are from his first day of school.

Parents Day Out didn't start until the week after school started, and Justin was ready to get back to it! He kept asking, "Mommy, is it my school day yet?" I was a little worried about Mr. Joel because he's such a momma's boy! But, he did great! He walked in, went potty for me, put all of his belongings away, and started playing with his friends! I was glad and sad; it made it easier to leave knowing he wasn't crying, but sad that he wasn't crying for me. Weird.. I know!



It rained almost nonstop for seven days. I was glad to see it go for a couple of days for sure. The lake was so full the spillway couldn't keep up and it was going up over the dam, washing it away. Yikes! With all of the rain it has brought lots of rainbows! The boys love it because it means story time. They all run out to hear about The Story of Noah.

This picture I just thought the sky looked really cool! And- it was taken just minutes after the one from above.



OK well, I better stop here and get ready for church.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Johnny is in first grade i cannot beleive it. They are growing up fast. You all have been busy. love u guys

Jennifer Kindle said...

great post....love all the pictures of the boys!!!