Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yikes!!


I opened my cabinet door yesterday and this is what I saw. It kind of shocked me at first. Then I thought, Kyle is in so much trouble! He's bad about doing things for shock value. My next thought was, "No way, did Johnny somehow get that up in there?" I mean, really, there can't be a snake IN MY HOUSE, RIGHT?! I started to reach up and grab it and it occurred to me, I made a cake earlier today and that snake was not there. OH MY GOSH!! It's real!

As I screamed (jumping out of my skin) I grabbed the boys and ran outside. I called Debbie to see if Rick could come over. Then, I went back in (with the boys still sitting outside waiting on Papa to get here) so I could take pictures.




Look how long this stupid thing was! Mama Jean has killed three in the past couple of weeks down at her house.. at least they weren't in her house! I know one of them was at least 8ft. long.. if not longer. Not sure about length of the other two.














Snake posse to the rescue!














Don't mess with Mama Jean! As we were waiting for Papa Rick, Johnny says, "I know, Momma, you need Mama Jean!" She is Queen at killing snakes. Just ask Johnny.
Rick, I don't know that I've ever seen Lady that close without her barking at you. I guess she was really interested in what you were doing to that snake.














Before Mama Jean went home, she tells me that they usually travel in pairs. GREAT!

3 comments:

Jennifer Kindle said...

i've heard they travel in 3s! I would've had a heart attack!!!! Mom told me last night and I meant to text you but never did. Girl...I freaked out for you. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

hey lolk sorry you had a snake in your house. I thought it was funny what johnny said about aunt jean. lol hopefully you won't have anymore problems.

mrstolli said...

Oh wow! I think I would have passed out! And I thought having a squirrel in our house was bad, but not as bad as a snake! Hopefully you won't find anymore.