Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another bust

"Don't let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould." Romans 12:2

Seven weeks ago a group of girls from church started a Thursday night bible study. And in that seven weeks, I've only been able to attend one. I think it was the second week. Either I'm not meant to go, or Satan is trying his best to keep me away...probably the latter; he may keep me away, but won't keep me down! We are reading "Lies Women Believe and The Truth That Sets Them Free". What an incredible book! I highly recommend it to every woman, no matter what season of life you're in! I have been blessed and have learned SOOOO much. Then there are other areas that have refreshed my mind and heart!

This week it was on "lies women believe about children." The bible tells us that children are the most precious blessings he could give a couple. He has entrusted them in my care. I don't want the ways of the world to mold my boys, rather, I want to fill them with the Word of God- so they will have hearts that want to please the Lord and walk in the Truth. It's our job as parents to protect their young minds. I know I've blogged this once before, but I'm going to say it again, these are their formative years. The filth that goes into their minds- whether it be TV, movies, music, video games (calm down Kyle- you don't have to give any of these up:)...yet) is going to come out. In this book she talks about kids, even kids that live in Christian homes, they know more about movie stars and rock groups than they do about the patriarchs or the disciples. She also says, "I can only assume that they have an appetite for what they have been exposed to." Some people are so big into letting their kids experience the ways of the world so they know how to discern between good and evil. What is so wrong with protecting their innocence? Filling them up with the Sword of The Spirit and preparing them to go out in the world and fight their battle? Would you send your son to war without a "sword"? But yet, we do it every day right here in the comfort of our own homes. Parents are allowing their kids to sit in front of a TV, computer, video games, etc to babysit all day. Just to keep them out of their hair. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of it. I do use the TV at times, but I won't let them watch garbage. As hard as it is sometimes. Joel LOVES Ghostbusters, the movie, but because of the language I'm the bad guy who won't let them watch it. And- I'm perfectly fine with that. At least it will be your kid saying "holly s***" next time something falls off of the table. OH yes- that was my sweet Justin. Before that, I never said anything about them watching it, didn't like it, but I didn't stop it either. And- since that day God has convicted my heart on preserving their innocence as long as I can. Our kids will still be subjected to it (Satan will see to that), but it will not be feed to them in my home! I hope to pass on to them to love God with all of their heart, minds, soul, and strength.

Please pray for my boys, that they will have this kind of love for God with every fiber of their being. I want them to thirst and not be able to get enough! Also- please pray for Johnny. Some of his friends have been baptized and I believe he is close to asking. Although he hasn't come out and asked to be baptized, he is asking lots of questions. He told me he had Jesus in his heart. So, please be in prayer for my precious Johnny- that God will help him to understand repentance and salvation, and the importance to the pathway of obedience. I pray that Kyle and I, and the grandparents, will have the words of wisdom to lead and point him in the right direction.

3 comments:

Spring said...

Thats was great reading!

Jennifer Kindle said...

none of your 2010 post have showed up on my dashboard so I had lots of catching up to do....all great post.....we miss you at Bible study but I'm glad you're reading the book anyway.

Anonymous said...

Love this!! Nancy Leigh DeMoss has changed my life for the good. Do you ever read her lessons online? One of my favorites is The Counter-Cultural Woman: A Fresh Look at Proverbs 31. Scroll down about halfway to find it.
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/past_programs.php?topic_name=Biblical+Womanhood