Monday, March 1, 2010

God's goodness IS

What is God's goodness? Life? Family? Wealth?... (Kyle would say "chocolate cake"). It's different for each and every one of us. I've always thought it was life in general. I'm not too sure that's it now. I look forward to the day God calls my name. We won't ever have life and answers together. They're mutually exclusive.

Last Monday a friend from my past passed away. She was only a couple of months younger than myself. I didn't know her very well and haven't seen her in years, but after praying harder in those few weeks than I [probably] have in my entire life, it got me thinking. I don't know what will happen tomorrow...will there be a tomorrow? There is no guarantee! And I say, "COME ON JESUS!!" But seriously, what is my life? I have become so complacent in my day to day life. What is my purpose? Here is this healthy 31 year old, beautiful, living life for God, married with a daughter, struggling 18 days in the hospital, then ultimately losing her life.

So I pray: God please help me to be clear minded as I pray. Show me what now? I pray that I will put on "The Armor of God" and will fearlessly be a gospel for You! You are ruler of my heart and I humbly bow at your feet asking for your guidance. Life isn't about being religious (as I have been) it's about being a Christ follower. I don't want to be victim to Satan and keep falling in to his trap. I ask You Lord, to show me Satan's lies that hold me in bondage, and help me to overcome them so I don't live just a complacent life! I want to live my life by Your words, please, help me to understand as I dig into your word! As I beat on the doors of heaven and pray, help guide me as I fight for Johnny, Justin, and Joel's faith. Help me point them in the right direction. Thank you God! for your grace and mercy. Thank you for Jesus coming and paying it all, then conquering the grave! Amen

I know Jenny was a strong leader- for not only her family, but for her friends and hundreds of kids, too. There were around 1,500 people just on her care-page knocking down the doors of heaven on her behalf. Jesus has the power to heal. He knew best. She loved God and lived for Him and now has a life that never dies. In a way I envy her, I know God called her name. She has no pain, no sorrows...she has it all-- because Jesus came and conquered the grave.

There is no guarantee for a tomorrow and we should love and forgive like so. I used to think I was too quick to cut people out of my life. Now, after praying and searching for wisdom, I know those people aren't good for me....for my walk. It's a distraction away form God and my family.

I want to be a true disciple for Christ!!

On a less serious note, Kyle is chasing the boys and popping them with a hand towel. Johnny is running in fear of getting popped a good one. Justin just ran and grabbed a clean towel and Kyle told him to put it back. Kyle gets in trouble for getting a clean towel out just because he can't find one. Justin says, "You want a piece of me!?!?" Hehe....I love my life!

No comments: