Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crown of Beauty

I went to an Evangelism Women's Conference yesterday. It was a last minute decision and I am so glad I went. The Lord gave me a few pearls of wisdom that I want to share. There were several, but today I just want to share this one.

One of the speakers, Angela Thomas, asked the question, "Are you a good Jesus girl? or a bad Jesus girl?" My first reaction was like, "Well duh! God of course." But, the longer she talked the more Jesus whispered in my ear. I was slapped in the face-- again! I was so sure of myself, yet I know there is always room for improvement. I was disappointed in myself for so quickly assuming I was good. I'm not and only by God's grace am I made pure.

Anyhow- she goes on to talk about Isaiah 61, and when I give God my ashes- He will return to me a crown of beauty! You'll have to read the passage to understand the whole meaning of the "ashes" and "crow of beauty." I will give you my interpretation, but WOW!, what a powerful phrase!

I was reminded to give God the bad things I've done/do in my life. Jesus already paid for my sins. All I have to do is take my ashes to the cross; God is there to take my brokenness and redeem me!! AND- replace it with a crown of beauty! Then, she goes on to talk about bitterness. She asked if I was bitter about what I had to trade in. If there is one thing I've learned over the past year or two is that there is no room for bitterness. I can not serve God and try to take comfort in my bitterness. It's more like having a pity party..! Bitterness is a jail. Have you ever found peace in being bitter at something or someone? The only way I have found true peace is through Jesus Christ. Put on the mind of Christ; Choose victory over what ever it is you struggle with. Pray for God to take that from you and use it for His glory!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing this! Our Beth Moore study this week is over Isaiah 61! I really need this message!

Katie said...

Beauty for ashes...Doesn't seem like an even trade does it?! I am so glad I serve a servant, loving God who sees me as His daughter! Thanks for the post!