Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A renewed mind

One of my favorite apps on my phone is one called Pandora...most of you probably already know what it is. For those that don't, it's free radio. I love it because you pick what you want; songs, artists, composers. I keep it on praise and worship station- you give a thumbs up for the songs or the artist you like and it will play it more ofter.

Anyhow, a song that I've not heard in a really long time came on and I was convicted and cried all the way home this morning after dropping the boys off. God has such perfect timing, would you agree? Had I heard it before dropping them off (1) it may not have hit me the same way, or (2) I would have been a mess while dropping them off and their teachers would have looked at me like I was a crazy person...

Growing up in a Church of Christ I often times I don't recognize a song by the music. But as soon as I heard the words "There's a stirring deep within me" it hit me like a freight train. Here I was driving and the Lord indeed started a stirring deep down within! I haven't been very faithful-- I've neglected to use my gifts for His Service. I'm thankful for his grace and mercy!

We all have a gift(s) given to us, even life itself (Isaiah 42:5). I can't give money [yet!], but I can give of my time-- to volunteer, give unselfishly my time to my boys and my husband. Even as I sit here trying to pound out this blog, little Joel comes to ask for pretzels and my first response to him was, "In a second." When it should have been to get up with a grateful heart and get him some pretzels. Which I just did by the way...thank you Lord, again, for teaching me and being patient with me. Doing our everyday job with integrity and respect for others can also be a gift. It takes a lot to give and act as Jesus did on a daily basis!

I want to be ready when my time comes-- to see Him face to face! I don't want to have idle thoughts. I want to always hear that voice calling me!!

Is He calling you? Is it to show someone else grace today? Or, to serve? Teach? Encourage? Contributing to the needs of others? Leadership? Showing mercy? Romans 12:5-8 talks about each of these gifts!

I leave you with the lyrics to the song that touched my heart and inspired this blog:

There's a stirring deep within me;
Could it be my time has come?
When I'll see my gracious Savior
Face to face when all is done.

Is that his voice I am hearing?
"Come away my precious one."
Is he calling me?
Is he calling me?

I will rise up, rise up
And bow down, and lay my crown
At his wounded feet!


2 comments:

Mitzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitzi said...

Thanks for sharing! I often catch myself if situations like your pretzel story.. Praise God for always calling me out and putting me right back where I need to be!