Thursday, March 14, 2013

A New Morning

How great is our God? His Mercies are new every morning!!

As I sat at the table tying to do my bible study this morning my mind kept drifting and my eyes wondered to the sky. As the sun started to rise and paint it red, I was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit.

Instead of bible study I felt the Lord calling me. So I opened my bible and asked the Lord to show me what he had for me today.  I have "go to" books I like to read, rarely is it in the old testament, but this morning I just opened and let it be. I hope to encourage you in what he shared with me this morning!

Lamentations 3:v22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  I love how our creator loves us, and yesterday doesn't matter! He is faithful and forgave me of my sins.  He gave us this new morning!

v.24 "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."  Do you wait for Him?  I know we are a people of "I want it right now."  We want our food to be quick. We drive fast, are rude and cut each other off. I know I want my desk to be done, like yesterday!! We are just not patient people. We pray and want it answered. Do you have something you've been asking God for and are still waiting on? Are you waiting on a child to find Jesus, or come back? We probably all have a loved ones who don't know and we are praying for. The thing I've learned is he did answer; sometimes it's a, "not right now." If the Lord is my portion, I will wait on him. I don't see the whole picture, I don't know what he is doing in the hearts of those around me. I put my hope and trust in him, because in vs.25-26 it says, "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

Salvation is His. It's about Him. If we consistently focus on the Lord and what we have been saved from, it's there you find your joy. We get so caught up in ourselves; what going on in our life, in today, what's on the calendar. Do you stop at some point in the day? go into a closet? wait for the Lord to speak to you? v.28 "Let him sit alone in silence, for the Lord had laid it on him." Turn off your radio while driving when you're alone, look at the clouds, the bird in the sky. There's beauty in the handiwork of God all around you. Especially as spring is in the air, green grass starts to spread through the fields and flowers start to pop up. It's there He will talk to your heart.

Be still, listen and be patient!!

2 comments:

where's weaver said...

Being so blessed as to be able to travel as we so, I see his love all around me every day. What glory it is.

Good Square said...

Hi Trisha,
very good morning to your blog and u belive in God with your true heart so God will always with u.