Monday, March 4, 2013

Alive in Christ

I have found a new life verse! I have read through Ephesians before, but this time there was a passage that really stuck out and made my soul jump for joy!! I encourage you to go read the whole passage later!

Ephesians 2:4-5 says, But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved.

I just love, "HE IS RICH IN MERCY," all because he loves us! Can you believe God loves us more than we love our own children? He does.  I wish I could fully grasp that kind of love here on earth.  I love my husband and children more than anyone or anything in the world! I think of times, though, when they argue and backtalk-- I just want to leave them right where they stand, walk into another room, and forget about them for a few minutes.  Or say, "Go tell it to your dad!" God loves us so much that he won't ever turn his back on us or walk away! Aren't you so thankful for that? I am. I so wish I had THAT kind of love! Striving for holiness one day at a time.  Even though I will never get there in this earthly body, I am so thankful he is rich in mercy!!!

Happy Monday! Hope you have a great week!!

2 comments:

where's weaver said...

Thanks Trisha. As we travel this beautiful country, I see his love everywhere. I wish I had a 10th of the patients that He has for me. I don't think many times I am very lovable, but He never fails.

Unknown said...

Hi there, Weavers! I know what you mean about seeing his love everywhere as you're traveling the country side. I just love following and living vicariously through you! ;) I have actually used your blog as a geography lesson for my boys!!