Sunday, August 25, 2013

BINGO

I've heard so many I love yous, thank yous, I had a good time with you today. I even got a "You're the best mom a boy could have." The hugs and kisses have been endless!!

This sweet boy and I went on a date this afternoon. He has worked really hard on his reading and got a bingo.

We have these bingo card and each square tells them when or where to read. Such as under a tree, on a beach towel, in the bathtub, before breakfast, on a Thursday, and so on. When they bingo they have coupons. So far they've gotten to do things like go to Sonic with Mama Jean, night fishing with Papa, ice cream with Grammer, and today Justin got a date with mom. (By the way Ma, Johnny got a bingo while you were in California and drew Day With Nana.)

We started off with a drink at McDonald's. On the way he didn't really talk much, and played with the toys he brought. That isn't too abnormal for Justin Robert, though. Once we got there I asked him to leave the toys behind in hopes that he would talk. That did it....his motor mouth started! We drank up and headed to Walmart. I had to get a few groceries and he wanted to look at toys. He has a birthday coming up and wanted to show me [again] what cool toys he wanted. :) Man I love this kid! He goes from isle to isle grabbing everything that caught his little eye. The mask you see me wearing below he wanted me to have. I don't know if you can tell, but I was not too fond of the idea of putting it on. Justin insisted and asked to take a picture. I'm glad I did because the smile on that cute face of his was priceless! After looking at EVERY toy Walmart had we got our groceries and headed for the car. Not once did he ask for a toy! He did, however, ask to get his brothers something. What a cool kid,  huh? Ok, so out the door we go... He helped load everything into the truck of the car, ran the basket and put it away, and ran back to the car to open my door. :)  Again, what a cool kid! Before starting home, we stopped to gas daddy's car up so he'd be ready for the week with a full tank. I asked Justin if he wanted to help; he hopped out and was eager to learn! I'm usually in a hurry and with all three boys. Whom of which would also want to get out, so it's never allowed. The smile on his face, again, was priceless!

All it takes is a little undivided attention! They are putty in your hands. No wonder they forget to listen to us. How often do we stop and listen to them?

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

What a fun way to learn. So glad it is working.