Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Mother's Prayer

I love going through and reading Psalms. What a gift!! It's full of guidance, encouragement and strength for moms.

What comfort Psalm 3:4 gives as we walk through this Journey of motherhood.  We pray for our little ones and he's there; listening. It's crazy and hard to imagine that he loves them more than we do.

I cried unto the
Lord with my 
voice, and he
heard me out of 
his holy hill. 

As I petition for their safety as they go out to play, he is there; listening.
As I pray for myself to be a good mom, he is there; listening.
When I thank him for their joy, and beg him to help guide them; he's listening. 

So on days like today, when my boys won't sit still to work, I won't worry that it's a day waisted. After all, homeschooling was God's idea for our family, he doesn't make mistakes. I am going to have faith in his goodness! I am going to pray for a creative way to teach these here Griffin boys today. 

I'm going to be this mom:
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Psalm 1:2-3


No comments: