Sunday, October 27, 2013

Joel's first baby tooth

Joel lost his first tooth! 

It's bed time so he came in our room to give hugs and kisses. Also to see if he could sleep with us. Because we have to get up early I told him not tonight. He came around to my side and I noticed how loose it was. I asked if I could feel it. Reluctantly, he allowed it. I was surprised, it was barely hanging on! When I asked if I could pull it, I got a firm, "No way!" That is until I told him he could sleep with us. He smiled as he was thinking it over. Then I got the okay. I knew that would do it. One tiny tug, huge tears, lots of blood, and I was holding my baby's tooth between my fingers. A bittersweet moment for me. He's growing up too fast!! 

As Joel bit down on a kleenex, Justin told him to take it out so he could taste the salty blood. Eek! I have boys! ;)

Johnny ran to the bathroom with little brothers in tow. Joel picked out the perfect tooth box to put under his pillow; in anticipation of the tooth fairy! 

Justin is one proud big brother! 

Now that everyone in the house is sleeping it's time for the tooth fairy to make her exchange. Good night all! 

1 comment:

LauraHix said...

aw! they have to quit growing up!!!
He just isn't old enough to have lost a tooth!!!