Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tired and Weary

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;" says Isaiah 40:30

As a momma trying to raise Godly men, it's encouraging to know that God, Creator of ALL things, knew my boys would stumble and fall. I've been shocked, scared, and disappointed by the actions and behavior I've seen from my children, but to God it's no surprise. My goodness, He already knows what I'm going to face today. In my flesh, I worry that I'm not doing enough, I'm not teaching them enough. Then I'm reminded (by an 11 year old, no less) that's it's not my job to worry, but pray for strength, wisdom, and discernment.

Isaiah 40:31 goes on to say, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength."

Awe! Such sweet words to my soul. I just need to fill them with Jesus, point them in the right direction, and let the Spirit move them and God will lead their steps. He will correct them and renew them. I'm thankful God doesn't get tired and worn-out. And even though I do, I'm grateful he renews my strength, so I can keep pouring Jesus back into them.

1 comment:

Michelet said...

As always, yours words hit home in & outside of the concept of parenting. Nicely done honey.