Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow days are the best!

It snowed all day Thursday (without letting up), but it wasn't sticking. By Friday morning though, this is what we woke up to!!! That handsome husband of mine got up and got ready for work. As he was leaving he called me to come look. I really didn't want to peel myself out of that warm bed, but I could hear the excitement in his voice. I couldn't believe my eyes! This is a lot of snow for TX. The most there has ever been since we've lived here. I think Mama Jean said there was 6 inches, maybe more. I heard the last time there was this much snow was like in 1973. Kyle just had to stay home to play! Who knows if we will ever get this again.


Johnny Griff had a note in his backpack Thursday saying school would be delayed until 10am, but it turned into a snow day. Good thing because I wouldn't have sent him. He will probably never get this in his childhood again, so we had to take advantage! He had soooo much fun! This picture is of him rolling down the hill toward the lake...he makes me cold just looking at this picture.


Oh Justin Robert! He was running around doing everything Johnny was doing. I told him he could eat the snow (as long as it wasn't yellow) and he looked at me crazy like. I noticed a little later that he was eating it. Ha-ha-ha! He's so stinkin' cute!


Joely-bowly stayed outside a good long while playing, but he gave up, it was too cold. Mama Jean took him to her house while we played a little longer. We started making a snow man, Kyle had it all stacked even, then it fell. After that they decided it was too much work to do over. Besides, about that time Uncle Tony came rolling out on the 4-wheeler! He had a sled that he tied to the back and took Justin and Johnny for a spin in the field! Johnny thought he was THE BEST!

Here is Johnny and Joel standing under the tree daddy told them to get under (Justin was too smart to get under here, he knew what was coming). After snapping a picture, Kyle started throwing snowballs at the snow on the limbs. As it started coming down on them Joel took off like a smart boy, but Johnny!...he stayed and got covered laughing the whole time. I really thought he would get mad and cry, but nope he loved it!


I don't know if we will ever see this again, but I'm thankful for this Friday! It was beautiful and we had a blast!


OK...we've had snow! I'm done with this cold weather, come on Summer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had fun. I know what you mean by the boys may not have snow like thatv again in their childhood. I havent seen snow like this since I was ten. I am glad you all had fun!! :)