Monday, June 14, 2010

It's a "Little House on the Prairie" life for me!

A few weeks ago I saw a preview of a Little House play and thought it would be neat, then they said Mellisa Gilbert (who played Laura Ingalls in the TV series) was playing Ma! I wanted so badly to go, but I knew we just couldn't afford it. Then, a couple days later (without me saying a word to her about it) Mama Jean told me she bought tickets for her and I to go!! I couldn't believe my ears! I wanted to jump up and down and scream like a girl, but I'm much too grown up for that...who am I kidding, I did!! :) Not only were we going to watch a play, we were going early to shop, spending the night, and shopping the next day.

It was so weird to go somewhere with out my kiddos or a husband. But, I did and had a wonderful time!! We went with the Fun After 55 group from church. We got up Thursday morning, met at the church at 7am, on the bus and to Fort Worth we went. We spent the whole day at the Stock yards; ate, watched the cattle drive, shopped, ate some more, took a tour, did I mention that we ate?!? I had never been- it's too cool! I had no idea. I've always heard about it, but never had any desire to go. Well, I can't wait to go back and take the boys!

Here is Mama Jean as we walked around the Stock Yards!
After the Stock Yard we went to the hotel room to rest before the play. I was unsure of what to do at that point. I felt guilty for enjoying time away from the boys. I didn't want to lay down because I felt like I should be doing something. It was a weird feeling. Mama Jean told me to lay down, relax, and enjoy myself. So, I grabbed my book and got under the covers. My cousin, Janine, called and I talked to her-which I never get to without the boys yelling the entire time. We had a good time planing out what we're going to do next month! Disneyland, watch out, the Griffins are coming to town!

This is the girl who played Laura Ingalls! Mellisa Gilbert never came out to sign autographs. :( But, at least I got to see her in person!!!

Friday morning we got back on the bus and headed to Sun Dance Square for more shopping and eating.

Thank you to my handsome husband for taking two days off (when he didn't really have the time to) and taking care of our little munchkins! You're the best!!

And to Mama Jean!! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I can't tell you how much it means to me that you took me along! I felt overwhelmed just being in the same building with my childhood role-model. I can't imagine what meeting our Savior will be like!!

No comments: