Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kyle's best friend


We had to put Daphne down Saturday. :( It was the hardest decision we've ever had to make.

Daphne was Kyle's girl! He rescued her from the pound when she was a puppy (about 12 or 13 years ago) and they've been best friends ever since. I've never seen a dog who talks to their owner, but she did. When Kyle would walk outside and Daphne wanted his attention she would make a groaning noise. Where ever Kyle went Daphne was sure to follow!

One thing I always thought was neat, Kyle could throw a rock in to the field and she would go sniff it out and bring it back. She would do it as many times as Kyle would throw it. And when he wouldn't throw it anymore, she would just lay down with the rock. It was quite funny!

Daphne picked me before Kyle did actually. She didn't like ANYONE but Kyle. The first time he ever brought me out, we were sitting out on the front porch. Daphne was laying on the step and I went to pet her; Kyle told me not to because she didn't like anyone and might bite at me. Little did he know!!, she not only let me pet her, but didn't want me to stop. A Daphne trade mark, when you stop petting her she will grab your foot with her paw. Kyle couldn't believe his eyes and still to this day jokes about Daph picking me before he knew.

We sure will miss this girl! She was a SMART! and really good dog!

Kyle, does this mean I'm finally your best girl?!? ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

awh...hate to hear that! Sorry to Kyle.