Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Little taste of Christmas

Debbie's cousin, Julie, got the boys these suckers this past weekend. They've been waiting patiently for a day to rip them open ever since. After opening them they were so excited and tasting each others. I tell them all the time to share, how could I tell them, "Ew, stop!" I asked how they liked them and Johnny says, "I like Joel's best." Joel says he loves his, too. And Justin told me his tastes like Christmas. I guess it reminded him of a candy cane.

I thought they would make a sticky mess, but they did not! They ate them so fast there was no time for a mess to be made. Now the sticks are their swords.

We've been studying memory verses out of this book: Sword Fighting by Karyn Henley. So I said, "Boys! Give me a verse that you've learned." Joel immediately shouts out, "God made the animals." of course that's the one he would tell me. They've been working on it all year in his PDO class. Justin chimed in with "I've hidden your words in my heart that I might not sin against you." Well, I put the actual verse, but he said it almost verbatim. I didn't know he knew the whole verse...go Justin!

Last but not least Johnny says, "I can tell you one, but I really want to hear that one Bro. Ronald told me about salvation. I love their hungry and eager little hearts! So, here it is:

"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. the boys make me laugh sharing their candy lol