Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A desperate heart

I forgot my sunglasses at a friends house today and the sun was burning my eyes. Maybe I'm just weird, but I can't hardly see without them. When I forget them at home, I turn around (if close enough) and go get them. Sitting in line, waiting on Johnny and pondering over the words of God I had just read, it came to me that my bible is like my sunglasses! I need my bible more than I need my sunglasses, but I don't turn around if I've forgotten my bible on Sunday morning. Hmmm....

Sunglasses protect my eyes form the sun like my bible protects me from sin. When I have my sunglasses on I don't worry about walking around outside because I know my eyes are protected. My bible does kinda' the same thing- I can go in to the world and He protects my heart and mind!

This may be a poor attempt to explain my thoughts on the similarities between God's word and sunglasses....nonetheless, I'm trying to be obedient in all areas of my life. What does this blog have to do with obedience....? I often feel I'm supposed to blog about something, and I don't- in fear of sounding silly. I almost shared this thought with this friend of mine, in hopes that she could blog about it. She is a better writer than I and a lot more articulate. I was immediately convicted that I was to write this....not her. So, if God puts it on my heart and I'm not obedient in sharing it....lets just say I don't want to miss out on the blessings God has for me by deliberate disobedience.

I don't ever want to be that person sitting in church unmoved and unmotivated ever again! I'm done with complacency! We have an extraordinary God who will do big things with us and for us if we ask and obey Him. Kyle and I have witnessed big things he's done for us in our lives here recently! I have a couple of testimonies I could share, but I don't feel led to just yet. I'm praying about it, so we'll see what happens.

I pray that each of my readers will have a burning desire for the Son in their heart! That we can't sleep at night until we have settled our sins with our Father. I want for all of us to have a more intimate relationship with our Creator!! I don't know all who read my blog, but know that I am praying for you this week. You can shoot me an email if there is something specific you need me to pray for. I know several of you who do read, and I'll be praying for you individually!

If you're a reader and don't believe- I ask you this, do you have a desperate heart? A burning desire to know more? Do you wonder why Murphy keeps knocking at your door?..."It's always something," you ask? And- what if you are a christian and you answered yes to these? Have you sold out to Jesus? I'm here ready to pray for you or with you. Email or call....

I surrender it all.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

great post, Trish! I like how you said, "can't go to bed until our sins are settled!" God is so good and I'm thankful for you speaking Truth into my heart.