Monday, April 19, 2010

Gotta be ready when He calls my name!

The bible conference this weekend has been a true blessing to my soul! The more I read and study God's word, the more I thirst for Him. I want to share a few things that God has put on my heart and I hope to make you have an appetite for God, too!! I know this post is a little long, but keep reading!!

First of all, we should be living for the world to come! Not this one or the "things" or people in it. Enjoying things in the world is not bad, but use the world for God's goodness. In James 2:24 it says, "You see that a person is justified by what he does and not be faith alone." We won't get to Heaven on faith alone; You must have works, too.

How often are you exposed to the Word of God?
The preacher this weekend said that if you go to church every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday nights (and that's it), you will only have been exposed to God's Word 5% of your life.

Three key questions really stuck with me.
  • Am I listening?
"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry," James 1:19 And- not just when you're at church! God talks to us all the time. It's hard to slow down in my busy day and ask God's wisdom on things. I need to be quick to fall to my knees and ask for His help!

  • Am I receiving The Word of God?
Just because you're saved doesn't mean you don't need to keep learning. You have to be hearing and studying the word of God to keep being saved! God saves us every day! Isn't that encouraging to know?!? We also have to be fruitful! By exposing yourself to God's Word he will cleanse you- your mind.

James 15: 1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Don't miss out on the blessings He has for you by not spending alone time with him or not baring fruit! This should be an [all] day every day walk with your Creator. Not just on Sunday mornings! "Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you." James 1:21
  • Do you have a hunger to know God better?
"The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."
Matthew 13: 22-23

Am I obedient to His word? Don't let your seed be thrown on the pavement for Satan to come snatch it up! God says He will bless you if you're obedient. Don't be a stagnant Christian and miss out on what God has in store for you- your life! God doesn't want just enough to get you by. I'm going to challenge myself this week to go above and beyond for Him. I challenge you to do the same. If you're not a social butterfly, maybe He has something special for you.
Be praying for Him to reveal His plan for your life. What is it, how and where are you going to produce fruit? I'll be praying over all of my readers, too, but if you would like me to pray for you individually you can email me! trishagriffin@gmail.com

Lets go out and further His Kingdom! Will you help me?


1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

yes, I will help you! I'm so far behind on your blog...it still doesn't come up in my feed...I just need to check more often. I'm thankful for you and your heart. Pray that I won't get discourgeed with a lack of passion in the hearts of the people! :)