Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm so jazzed and can't sleep! After a few hours of bible study with God ordained friends, or maybe it's the three cups of coffee......hmmmm

Anyway, I wrote a few things down yesterday and it all sounded a little preachy so I didn't blog about it. After tonight, I know I'm supposed to. It's funny how our Lord works. He was preparing my heart for tonight and I didn't even know it.

For a while now, God has put on my heart to watched less TV and cut out Grey's Anatomy completely! There is so much filth on- even the commercials! It's hard to focus on God when there is a nude scene or a steamy sex scene, and lets not forget the bad language that's so socially acceptable now days. So, why did I keep filling my brain full of this junk?!?
I can't help but think about this song we sing to our 3 and 4 year old's.

(VS 1) Oh, be careful little ears, what you hear (repeat)
For the Father Up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little ears
what you hear.

(VS 2) Oh, be careful little eyes, what you see, (repeat)
For the Father up above,
is looking down in love,
So be careful little eyes
What you hear.

(VS 3) Oh, be careful little mouth, what you say, (repeat),
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little
mouth what you say.

(VS 4) Oh, be careful little hands, what you do (repeat),
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little hands
What you do

(VS 5) Oh, be careful little feet where you go (repeat)
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little feet,
Where you go.

(VS 6) Oh, be careful little mind what you think (repeat)
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little mind,
What you think.

(VS 7) Oh, be careful little heart what you love (repeat)
For the Father up above,
Is looking down in love,
So be careful little heart,
What you love.


Even though it's a kids song, we as adults need to apply it to our lives more than our kiddos. After all, they are learning what we teach them. If you boast that you're a Christian you must walk on the path of Christ!! Lead by example. If Christs' love doesn't shine through me, how am I ever going to teach my boys? Or, how am I going to lead others to Him?

How do I keep my mind on God if I'm distracted by worldly "things"? Like the TV (don't get me wrong, I don't think you're bad if you watch TV), be careful what you put in your head though! You become what you hear, see, eat, or who you hang out with! I thank God for God ordained friends! To answer my own question- You can't keep your mind on God. He says not to worship the ways of the world. Keep life simple! As I always say, I know I fall short of God's glory!...but, I strive to be better. My goal this week, or today (since it's now midnight) is to clean the house less, watch less TV, stay off of the computer, and spend quality time with my husband and boys!

And hold my friends accountable! ;) So, watch out friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8

I've never heard vs. 7 of that song before - love it!