Friday, April 23, 2010

To love like Christ loves

We all need Jesus. It's automatic to look at people and judge their character based on their appearance. We are called to be like Jesus, and He is tugging at my heart to put on a new self image; as we are called to in Colossians 3:10

Jesus helped and served people because He loved them. And He expects no less from us. We are so caught up in our own lives we feel burdened if we are called upon by someone (for our God given talent, no-less.) Who are we to complain?!? I didn't have to die on the cross for the sin of the world- or give my son to die on the cross. We need to thank God for all He has done for us, stop our crying about what's not going our way, and serve each other! Then there is that voice- you know the one.... The one that says not to help this person or that person because they don't deserve it. Well, we don't deserve it either. But thank you God for giving Your son to die for my sins and giving me Grace! I doubt every person changed when Jesus helped them. I'm sure they still sinned. We are natural born sinners. But He still helped them and died for them. The least I can do is show the people He puts in my life that Grace and Hope He has given me. Everyone needs Jesus and you never know when you're going to plant a seed or grow someones seed.

My challenge today [this week] is to find Jesus, not only in my quiet time, but in God's people. ALL of His people; young, old, good, and bad...

I want to run head-on into what or who God has planned for me. I want to be that vessel of love and I pray I will be ready when He calls my name!

No comments: